There’s still time for UI staff members to apply to participate as a member of a UI committee, but the clock is ticking! The application period runs through midnight, March 15.
All full-time or part-time UI staff members are eligible to serve on these committees. Committee terms are three-year appointments from September 1, 2019 through August 31, 2022, except for the Presidential Committee on Athletics, which is a five-year term from September 1, 2019 through August 31, 2024. You can apply for more than one committee.
Committee service will require release time from your normal duties. Before applying, you must discuss with your supervisor your desire to serve on a charter committee. To apply, fill out this Qualtrics survey: https://uiowa.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cDaBznKtocOe1W5
Listed below are the vacancies on UI charter committees for the upcoming year. You are encouraged to apply for committees you are interested in, even if there are no current openings, as applicants may be needed to fill mid-term vacancies.
- Campus Planning Committee (1)
- Committee on Diversity (2)
- Council on Teaching (0)
- Faculty-Staff Parking Appeals (0)
- Family Issues Committee (0)
- Financial Aid Advisory Committee (1)
- Funded Retirement and Insurance Committee (FRIC) (2)
- Hancher Auditorium Committee (2)
- Information Technology Committee (1)
- Lecture Committee (0)
- Parking and Transportation Committee (1)
- Presidential Committee on Athletics (0)
- Recreational Services Committee (2)
- Research Council (1)
- Sustainability Committee (3)
- University Libraries Committee (1)
- University Safety and Security Committee (2)
Information on the charter committees can be found here: http://president.uiowa.edu/about-university/charter-committees
Please contact the Staff Council office at 335-3600 or email@example.com with any questions.