Do you or someone you know want to make a difference at the University of Iowa? Are you looking for ways to improve your workplace? Do you have concerns about an issue on campus? Are you a person who likes to promote positive change? Then it is time to consider nominating yourself or one of your colleagues for UI Staff Council and help us represent the over 7,500 non-bargaining staff at the University of Iowa!
Nominations are being accepted now through April 1 at 5:00 p.m. The simple online nomination form can be accessed at https://workflow.uiowa.edu/form/staff-council-nomination.
Basic expectations for Staff Councilors
- Advocate on behalf of your constituents
- Solicit information and opinions from your constituents and share those with Council
- Inform your constituents of the activities of Council
- Regularly attend meetings and participate in discussions
- Actively participate in at least one Council committee assignment
- Discuss the expectations of Staff Council with your supervisor so that you can be a regular participant
- See the Staff Council bylaws for more (https://staff-council.uiowa.edu/about/staff-council-bylaws)
Positions are available for the following non-bargaining job function* vacancies starting in June
- Administration; Audit, Compliance, Legal and Risk Management (PA and PN) [2 open]
- Business and Finance (PB) [1 open]
- Healthcare/Behavioral Health (PV and PJ) [7 open]
- Human Resources (PG) [1 open]
- Marketing, Communications & Outreach (PM) [1 open]
- Research/Scientific Services (PR and PH) [1 open]
Submit a nomination for a job function vacancy by April 1 at 5:00 p.m.
* If unsure of the job Function category for a P&S staff nominee, please check the 1st two letters of the job code in the university directory.
Elections are also being held for organizational representative positions
- College of Business [1 open]
- College of Education [1 open]
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences [1 open]
- College of Pharmacy [1 open]
- College of Public Health [1 open]
- Division of Student Life [1 open]
- Finance and Operations [1 open]
- Information Technology Services [1 open]
- UI Healthcare [1 open]
Please reach out to the Human Resources director in the organizations if you are interested in one of these positions.
For more information, contact Elections Committee Chair Michael Weaver (email@example.com).