To foster a relationship with the surrounding community through charitable work and contributions.
Scope of Concern
- Promote volunteerism among Staff Councilors
- Work with organization reps on Staff Council to gather and coordinate philanthropic events across campus
- Organize charitable events for Staff Council participation
Some figures on UISC volunteer participation from the 2017-2018 council year:
- 255 total hours volunteered
- 30 council members supported 15 major events
- 57% of UISC's membership volunteered at least once
Some events we've partnered with to provide UISC volunteers include:
- UI Dance Marathon
- On Iowa!
- UI Homecoming Parade
- UI Pride Festival
- Iowa State Fair (UI booth)
- Hope Lodge Meal
- Birdhouse Hospice Care Christmas Tree Decoration
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Johnson County Bowl for Kids' Sake
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois
Looking for help with an event/cause?
If you have an upcoming campus or community event that could use some volunteer help, or a recurring opportunity to volunteer or otherwise get involved with a philanthropic or community organization, let us know! The UISC Community Outreach Committee may be interested in partnering with you to provide volunteers or other involvement. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the date, time, location, what type of volunteer assistance you are looking for and any other pertinent information. If at all possible, we'd like to hear from you at least two weeks prior to your event.