Staff Council Mission
The Council supports the University mission. In pursuing that mission, the Council seeks to advance such endeavors through visibly active staff participation/involvement both campus-wide and community-wide in a spirit of unity and open communication with other shared governance organizations on campus.
The goals of the Council are to:
- Advocate on behalf of represented staff
- Advise the University Administration on policies
- Inform the University community of the activities of the Council
- Promote University relations within the community of Iowa City and the State of Iowa
- Collaborate with shared governance organizations on campus, notably the Faculty
- Senate, Student Government and organizational shared governance groups
- Promote staff learning through professional development and awards
- Promote communication and shared governance among staff, central administration, Faculty Senate and Student Government
Staff News and Events
Staff Council Elections
Don’t forget to vote for your 2014 Staff Council Job Function Representative! The voting process for University Staff Council elections will open April 7 and run through 11:59 p.m. on April 18, 2014. Look for an email on April 7 with the link to vote. You have the opportunity to elect staff from your Job Function for a 3-year term to the University Staff Council. You will be allowed to vote for the maximum number of staff members listed on the ballot and will only be eligible to vote for candidates that will represent your specific job function. An opportunity to list a write-in candidate will also be provided. Voting instructions will be included in the ballot. Prizes will be awarded each day the voting is open.
Questions? Please contact the Staff Council at email@example.com or 319-335-3600.
Staff Council Awards
The UI Staff Council invites nominations for the following annual awards:
- UI Outstanding Staff Award
- Board of Regents Excellence Award
- David J. Skorton Award for Excellence in Public Service
The deadline for nominations is May 2, 2014.
Workplace Support Matrix
UI Staff Council has developed a Workplace Support Matrix to ease information retrieval.
The University of Iowa is a large and diverse workplace which offers many opportunities for involvement, accomplishments and challenges. Sometimes the challenges test our talents and patience and we look for help. This help, such as guidance, support, written policies, optional paths for decisions, may seem difficult to find because we are so large. Staff Council has created a tool which we believe streamlines the search for help. It is the Staff Council Workplace Support Matrix for Non-organized UI Employees. A copy of this matrix can be found at https://staff-council.uiowa.edu/file/1116. Take a look at this matrix and keep it in mind if you ever need help. Your Staff Council representative would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Or if you have an issue which concerns you please let them know. Staff Council is your voice for a better UI.