Endeavor to establish and maintain working relationships among University of Iowa shared governance bodies and foster good relationships among local, state, and national officials and the University in collaboration with the Executive Committee and in conjunction with Faculty Senate’s Governmental Relations Committee.
- Attend and present at campus shared governance meetings:
- Faculty Senate
- Graduate and Professional Student Government
- Undergraduate Student Government (UISG)
- College of Education
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Engineering
- College of Business
- College of Public Health
- Maintain list of shared governance group contacts
- Maintain shared governance portal (http://www.uiowa.edu/sharedgovernance/)
- Co-chairs to attend Legislative Group sessions
- Promote and increase presence at outreach opportunities (Hawkeye Caucus, Legislative Letter-Writing events, Regents events, Local Legislative Delegation events, etc.)
- Work with Committee on Committees to distribute annual Staff Council Report to Presidential Charter Committees
- Research and report on shared governance models of peer institutions.
Annual Goals, 2017-2018
- Work with the Communications Committee to coordinate and strategically distribute University Relations Committees updates.
- Produce a short (15-second) "introduction template" as a resource for Staff Council members to better be able to introduce themselves and describe who/what interests they represent on UISC.
- Proucea small informational flyer containing facts about UI & UISC (in conjunction with the Education Committee).
- Begin tracking annual and non-annual events for future reference (in conjunction with the Volunteer Committee).
While there are no restrictions on membership, at least one Staff Council officer should be a member of the committee.
2018-2019 Staff Council University Relations Committee Members
Michael Geneser - Co-chair
Cassie Walizer - Co-chair
2017-2018 Staff Council University Relations Committee Members
Brenda Van Dee, Co-Chair
Mike Weaver, Co-Chair
John Laverty, Ex-Officio
Erin Brothers, Ex-Officio
Michael Hesseltine, Ex-Officio