The University of Iowa makes a substantial investment in traditional benefits such as health and dental insurance, vacation, and retirement plans. Along with these traditional benefits, another advantage of working for the University is access to a wealth of resources, opportunities, and services for your personal and professional enrichment. Most are offered free of charge or at a substantially reduced cost for UI staff.
Below is a list of significant staff resources and services; a full list of resources for staff is available at the UI Human Resources website.
The University of Iowa is a large and diverse workplace which offers many opportunities for involvement, accomplishments and challenges. Sometimes, the challenges test our talents and patience, and we look for help. This help, such as guidance, support, written policies, and optional paths for decisions, may seem difficult to find because we are so large. Staff Council has created a tool which we believe streamlines the search for help. It is the Staff Council Workplace Support Matrix for non-organized UI employees. Take a look at this matrix and keep it in mind if you ever need help. Your Staff Council representatives would be happy to answer any questions you may have, or if you have an issue which concerns you, please let them know.
- Faculty and Staff Disability Services (FSDS) advises individuals
- liveWELL is the University's comprehensive wellness plan
- Family Services helps with child care
- UI Wellness provides health events, programs, and information
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available
- Student Legal Services provides free, in-person notary services to students, faculty and staff. Appointments are required. Call 319 335-3276 or email email@example.com