Quick reference link:
Nominate yourself or a colleague for Staff Council: Nominate here.
Do you or someone you know want to make a difference at the University of Iowa? Are you looking for ways to improve your workplace? Do you have concerns about an issue on campus? Are you a person who likes to promote positive change? Then it is time to consider nominating yourself or one of your colleagues for UI Staff Council and help us represent the over 8000 non-bargaining staff at the University of Iowa!
Nominations are currently being accepted for open positions on UI Staff Council. The nomination period will close at 5pm on Friday April 1.
Some of the basic expectations for Staff Councilors:
- Advocate on behalf of your constituents
- Solicit information and opinions from your constituents and share those with Council
- Inform your constituents of the activities of Council
- Attend monthly meetings and participate in discussions
- Actively participate in at least one Council committee
Please note that staff successfully elected to serve on Staff Council will serve a 3-year term, starting June 1.
Function Representative positions are available for the following non-bargaining job function* group vacancies:
- Administration; Audit, Compliance, Legal and Risk Management (PA and PN) [3 open]
- Behavioral Health; Health Care (PJ and PV) [6 open]
- Engineering, Architecture, Facilities Management (PF, PW) [1 open]
- Human Resources (PG) [1 open]
- Information Technology (PI) [1 open]
- Research/Scientific Services (PR and PH) [1 open]
* If unsure of the job function category for a P&S staff nominee, please check the 1st two letters of the job code in the university directory.
Effective March 7 and through April 1, you can nominate a colleague or self-nominate, using a simple online form.
In addition to the Function Representative positions listed above, elections are being held for the following Organizational Representative positions:
- College of Business (Org12) [1 open]
- College of Education (Org 14) [1 open]
- CLAS (Org 11) [1 open]
- Graduate College (Org 29) [1 open]
- College of Pharmacy (Org 19) [1 open]
- College of Public Health (Org 20) [1 open]
- Health Care (Orgs 03, 65, 70, 80, 85, 87, 89, 93) [1 open]
- Information Technology (Org 43) [1 open]
- Student Life/Student Health (Orgs 49, 92) [1 open]
Each organization manages the election of its Organizational Representative. Please reach out to the Human Resources director in the organizations if you are interested in one of these positions.
Questions? Please send us an email.