To recognize and reward staff for exemplary service to the University and/or to the community.
Scope of Concern
- Administer and manage awards that recognize staff contributions, including:
- David J. Skorton Staff Excellence Award for Public Service
- UI Outstanding Staff Award
- Board of Regents Staff Excellence Award
- Richard E. Gibson Award for Merit Staff
- Call for nominations for the awards in the spring of each year.
- Review submissions in terms of requirements.
- Convene a Selections Committee to evaluate and determine the awards for nominated staff, to include Council Past President and Council Awards Committee chair(s)
- Arrange a reception for all nominees and their nominator(s).
- Notify recipients and other nominees.
- Notify Council, Office of the President, University organizations, Public Relations, and other appropriate media.
- Report activities to the Council.
Co-Chairs: Tracey Pritchard and Isaac Podolefsky